Harlequin Heartwarming is currently seeking Western romance stories!
Executive Editor Kathleen Scheibling wants you to know exactly what the Heartwarming team is looking for in a Western story that fits this line. Read on for her manuscript wishlist!
I’m looking for:
- Wholesome Western-themed romances that focus on small towns, family, and community.
- These Western-themed stories must have hooks! For example, holidays (especially Christmas); main characters with Western professions (cowboy/cowgirl, ranchers, veterinarians, sheriff, etc.); families with babies and small children, etc.
- Stories with a fresh take on a romance trope: marriage of convenience, friends to more-than-friends, blended families, matchmakers, opposites attract, etc.
- These are sweet romances with very low sensuality, so hugging and kissing only, and please no swearing.
I can’t resist:
- A reunion romance, especially if it’s a brother’s best friend! (and he better be a cowboy 😊)
My recommended reads for Harlequin Heartwarming:
- The Cowboy’s Christmas Baby by Cathy McDavid
- Twins for the Rodeo Star by Julianna Morris
- Coming Home to Texas by Kit Hawthorne
- Her Wyoming Hero by Mary Anne Wilson
- A Cowgirl’s Secret by Melinda Curtis
Have you got a Western romance story for Harlequin Heartwarming?
Visit our Submittable page to read our writing guidelines and submit your proposal. We love to see your stories!