As Christmas draws closer, it can only mean one thing… it’s time to snuggle up with a deliciously festive romance! As you might have guessed, we’re Christmas-mad in the Harlequin offices – it truly is the most wonderful time of the year! – so we wanted to celebrate the many reasons why Christmassy romances are so special…
- Mistletoe is the most romantic excuse for a kiss! (Not that our heroes and heroines need the mistletoe, of course…)
- Snowbound with an alpha hero? There’s only one way to stay warm…!
- What’s not to love about a gorgeous festive outfit for the heroine? (Christmas jumpers for heroes are less encouraged…only Colin Firth in Bridget Jones pulls that one off.)
- Babies under the Christmas tree/ in a stocking/ in a Santa hat. Need we say more?
- Or a puppy…
- That moment when the heroine makes her Christmas list and realises all she wants for Christmas is the hero!
- There’s nothing more magical than reading about heroines (or heroes!) unwrapping presents…especially sparkly, ring-shaped ones!
- Enjoying fictional family Christmases is always such a delight…and a brilliant way to take a time-out from the chaos of your own!
- No Scrooges allowed – everyone always falls under the spell of Christmas, however hard they try to fight it!
- The Christmas miracle! Be it a miracle pregnancy, a marriage reunited, or a proposal (or the many other miraculous things that love can make happen), nothing feels more magical than a Christmas happy-ever-after.
We could go on for hours, but over to you – let us know your favorite things about Christmas romances below the line!