Harlequin editors attend writers’ conferences throughout the year to meet authors, hear story pitches, speak on panels, and participate in Editor Q&A sessions – in person and virtually. Here’s a run-down of recent and upcoming events.
Check back for more information on our 2023 schedule soon.
Liberty States Fiction Writers
April 1, 2023
- Kathryn Lye, Editor for Harlequin Heartwarming, is taking part in virtual pitch appointments for romance writers with a full manuscript. Kathryn has been an editor with Harlequin for over 25 years and worked on a variety of contemporary romance imprints.
The Festival of Literary Diversity
April 30 – 7, 2023
- Harlequin is excited be a part of The FOLD 2023, Canada’s leading festival for diverse authors and storytellers. Visit Harlequin’s virtual booth with information about our romance and fiction publishing programs. Check back for more details soon.
Calgary Romance Writers
May 20, 2023
- Allison Lyons, Editor for Harlequin Intrigue, will join members virtually to talk about writing romantic suspense and answer questions. Allison has more than 20 years experience editing romance stories at Harlequin.
August 4-5, 2023
- Allison Lyons, Editor for Harlequin Intrigue, will be attending the Oklahoma City conference for in-person pitch sessions, panels and networking.
Pacific Northwest Writers Association Conference
- Meghan McCullough, Editor for Inkyard Press acquiring YA and middle grade fiction, will be available for in-person pitch sessions. Find out more about Inkyard Press.