We Want Your Book!
Do you have a clean, emotionally satisfying contemporary romance that celebrates community, family connections and true love? If so—we would love to see it! We publish romance novels that are 70,000 words, but do not have sex scenes. Romantic sparks—yes. Chemistry and attraction—a must! We also ask our authors to deliver engaging plots and subplots, realistic and appealing characters and a deeply moving love story. Heartwarming novels are warm, poignant and rich.
No explicit religious or Christian content. No paranormals, please.
Submission dates: Monday, April 4th – Friday, April 22nd 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST
What Harlequin Heartwarming needs to see:
- A cover letter that introduces your book and includes any previous publishing credits, writing contest wins, or affiliations.
- A 4 – 6 page synopsis. What happens in your book—tell us the key moments, the crucial twists and turns, and how it ends! Show us what drives your story forward, including the internal and external conflicts your hero and heroine face to get to their happily ever after.
- The first chapter of your manuscript (up to 25 pages).
What you get:
- A quick response! Skip the slush pile and hear back from Harlequin within 20 business days after the submission period ends.
- Editorial feedback for every Heartwarming appropriate story received.
- The possibility of having your novel published in Harlequin’s Heartwarming romance line!
For the full writing guidelines for Harlequin Heartwarming, check out our page on Submittable here: https://harlequin.submittable.com/submit/28677
On April 4, 2016 you can submit your proposal for #HWBlitz here: https://harlequin.submittable.com/submit/55704
And check out the hashtag #HWBlitz on Twitter, as well as following @cpmcaldwell, @Lye1892, @VictoriaCurran2, @DanaGrimaldi and @Deirdre33. We’ll be sharing tips, insider know-how, our wishlists and more throughout the #HWBlitz.
Any questions? Leave a comment. We can’t wait to hear from you!